Saturday, December 3, 2011

The funny thing about blogging....

I'm sure you'll notice that the last two entries totally deviated from the theme of the previous ones.  It's funny how that happened....

I started writing all of these posts and keeping them in a word document on my computer because that's what I'd done with the previous two blog projects I've published.  I sat down one day to start assessing where I stand with literary academia, because I intend to give a presentation defending the importance of our Intro to Profession course, and I wound up hammering out a memoir of my experience at the newspaper.  Totally unplanned, and it was almost as though I didn't realize what I was doing until I hit a stopping point and realized "whoah, I must have needed to get that out."

I broke it up and published two snippets here, because I felt the writing of that rant was an interesting experience--my 'venting' out things I didn't even know I needed to vent. 

I also published those snippets here as somewhat of an experiment; I was curious to see how my vent would be received by others--does it sound bratty?  Does someone out there relate?  Is it interesting?  Or is it whiney?  I can't honestly say because I'm biased at this point in my life, I still have a lot of feelings about that job that I haven't quite processed.  But I'm curious to know if venting on the internet can be valuable or if I too have succombed to the narcissistic "woe is me" trap. 

Either way I think I feel better, and if I do come off as whiney, that in itself is some criticism I probably ought to hear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment