Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Behind the times

I’ve always been scatterbrained, forgetful, and chronically late.  I mean, chronically late.  I don’t get it either.
At its worst, being late has cost me several things—including a job.

So, here as I have returned to college having held a job with my first degree and all, you’d think I would have outgrown it.  In fact, one thing I had engrained in my head prior to re-entering school was how excited I was to show my old professors the new Lucy: a professional, sophisticated, PUNCTUAL young woman with tons of potential.

Instead, it was only a matter of weeks before the disheveled, unkempt, scatterbrained, tardy Lucy returned to the classroom.  In jammies.

I don’t understand it?  I suppose it isn’t worth too much for me to analyze why, but just to recognize that yes, this is a bigger part of me than I had originally thought, and in order to outgrow it and be that sophisticated, professional young woman I had pictured myself being, I need to really, really, really get a grip on this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment